Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Favorite Performance by Angie Miller on Season 12 of American Idol

I have to admit, I was pretty shocked when Angie Miller got eliminated last week on American Idol.  She was consistently pegged the front-runner in the competition and a definite shoe-in to make the finale. She stood out from the rest of her competitors as the singer-songwriter piano playing extraordinare. 

Well, there is no denying, I am whole-heartedly a Candice Glover fan and believe she deserves to be the winner of American Idol Season 12. However, the clip I posted above is exactly why I hold a place in my heart for Angie. In her Hollywood Week audition, she blew us away with her original song "You Set Me Free." The song's arrangement is beautiful. Angie's vocals are mind-blowing as she sings the song with such conviction.  Oh gosh and the lyrics are so touching and heart-felt that it brings me to tears every time I listen to it. I know, I know, I'm being sappy, but it's true!

Anyways, you can tell she drew inspiration from Jessie J's "Who You Are" (which she performed so brilliantly on Idol as well). Also, this might just be me, but parts of her voice remind me of Amy Lee from the rock group Evanescence.

 This song needs to be released on iTunes asap! I can see it being a huge hit.

Even though Angie has left us on Idol, I know she will get a record deal and have a very successful career ahead of her. Take a listen to this performance and hey if you'd like leave your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment